Sunday, February 27, 2011

In the Sub-World Kitchenette

"What about the Sellwood Kitchen? Where will you cook?".

We were asked these questions a number of times before we moved. It does indeed seem scandalous that a couple of wanna-be food bloggers would move into a kitchenless situation.

However, it turns out our little kitchenette is highly functional. Our hot plate, like, cooks stuff. And the mini fridge holds stuff. Crazy, right? Let's take a tour!

I can't reach the top shelf but Adam says he's going to buy me a vintage step stool.


The mini-fridge. I gasped when I first set eyes on it, thinking I'd never fit any food inside, but it's great, we're forced not to waste, and it actually holds quite a lot. It even has a REAL freezer, not like those freezer shelves that aren't much colder than the fridge. Mayo, beer, butter. Perfect.


Adam helped me decorate with some things that fit the decor of the basement better: Vintage canisters, a white toaster, an old pitcher instead of my cast iron red utensil holder (even though I'm into that sort of thing). He knows what he's doing. I like them, even if I can't reach them.




I'm learning so much about crock-pot cooking and one pot meals. But in case I need two pots, I have this handy little gizmo, and I love it!


One drawback, the kitchenette is dangerously close to the bathroom. But at least there's a fan in the bathroom...


Well, there isn't much to say about that. Pour me a drink!


Now, I'm going to move this party upstairs to the big kids' kitchen to help Adam prepare Josh's birthday feast, but we'll blog about that later.


1 comment:

  1. As discussed in episodes 13 and 14 of In Bed with Matt and Phil, don't mistake the kitchen sink for a toilet. That mistake is now easier than ever to make.

    ReplyDelete