Sunday, March 13, 2011

This/That


Hey, kids! How ya been? It's Sunday and the four of us are watching "Quantum of Solace." Well, Josh & Erin are. Adam & I are on our computers. But we're all in the basement, having just finished a delicious meal of taco salads (I had to peek at everyone's bowls to see how to assemble it). Then, while the other three were dolloping a quantum of sour cream onto their Mexican mounds, I slipped downstairs and ate mine. I'm notorious for not waiting for others to sit down before I eat. I'm an ass. But I don't care. I get hungry.

So far not too exciting, right? Well, what's your life like -- a John LeCarre novel? (LeCarre and Le Car are not pronounced the same.)

So, the basement's a good size, plenty of room for pirouetting and Italian sign language. But it's not the Taj Majal (thank goodness -- that thing's a gawdam crypt)! So certain rooms and furniture serve dual purposes.

The bathroom is the hair salon. Erin chopped my lovely locks the other day (I used to cut my own hair until I realized that just because I couldn't see the back of my head didn't mean everyone couldn't either).


"I love how the TV's on and NONE of us are watching," says Josh, who, like Erin, is engrossed in his smart phone.

Den/Media Center, I guess.

Is that a wine bar in your kitchenette? Yes, yes it is. It is also my snack cabinet. Erin and Adam dip into it, but it's really my snack cabinet. Indeed, Adam declared me the snackiest person he knows.

To sum up: Bathroom/Barbershop. Den/Media Center. Wine Bar/Snack Cabinet.

Now, it's time for us to go to Bed/Cat Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment