Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wii(ne)


These special army forces have issued a joke book called "Green & Bear It."

Who are the Green Berets?

That's not true. I'm just making up Jeopardy questions because we're all playing Wii Jeopardy! in the basement. We live in the basement now, remember? We're settling in, getting into routines. It's a Saturday night and everyone's home. Adam, Josh, Erin & I watched the latest episode of "Portlandia" on OnDemand, and "An Idiot Abroad" on the DVR. Enough TV! (Kee-rist! I never thought I'd say that!) Let's play a game! says one of the four of us. Turn on the Wii, suggests one of the other three.

So Wii Jeopardy! (am I adding the exclamation remark or is that part of the game's name?) is inserted.

The fellas played first (only 3 at a time). Adam trailed the whole game, but at Final Jeopardy, we all did true Daily Doubles (I know it's not called that at the end), and only Adam answered correctly, so he won, in true American fashion.

Next game: Erin takes my place. Hey, Adam, "Seward's Icebox" -- Minnesota? Please...

So I'm blogging, like a million other nerds across this great nation, and biting my tongue as all the answers flash into my brain's trivia center (well, not all of them).

Let's check in on the current game: Adam's in the lead, followed by Josh, then Erin. But neither Josh nor Adam knew the present answer was "Who is Elton John?" Erin asks them both to revoke their membership...

Josh keeps hitting his wine glass with his Wii strap, so when he goes to answer, a clear "DING" issues from his area.

We learn that Pinchas Zuckerman plays the violin. In Canada.

I'm growing bored of this. Not living in the basement -- that's purty cool. Just tired of Wii Jeopardy. But just for tonight. I want a chocolate-covered graham cracker. Of course, I have a package of 'em.

These cookies are next to the Oatmeal Raisins.

What is Mike's Snack Cabinet?

No comments:

Post a Comment